Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Writing Fool

This Artist's Way workshop is pretty good stuff. Not only full of women who are amazing and supportive but insightful information seems to be pouring from me lately. It's exhausting on one level but interesting on the other. The exercise this week was good and I thought I would share. I wonder what you would say? The question

1. As a kid, I missed the chance to be a child.
2. As a kid, I lacked discipline
3. As a kid, I could have used more love and positive attention.
4. As a kid, I dreamed of escaping and making art, movies, photography.
5. As a kid, I wanted a persom to put me first.
6. In my house, we never had enough peace and quiet
7. As a kid, I needed more love and understanding
8. I am sorry that I will never again see my innocense, my dreams or my childhood.
9. For years, I missed and wondered about what happened to Donna and her kids.
10. I beat myself up about the loss of my dreams, my iniative and my belief in myself.

1. I have a loyal friend in my Artist's Way group.
2. One thing I like about my town is the nature.
3. I think I have nice eyes
4. Writing has shown me I can still write by hand.
5. I am taking a greater interest in finding peace in myself
6. I believe I am getting better at being true to myself and my desires.
7. I have started to pay more attention to my lack of interesting things to do.
8. My self-care is improving because I am accountable to someone else.
9. I feel more capable of handling my emotions.

1 comment:

  1. 1. As a kid, I missed the chance to have nice things.
    2. As a kid, I lacked popularity.
    3. As a kid, I could have used a sane big sister.
    4. As a kid, I dreamed of being rich.
    5. As a kid, I wanted for my dad not to have to work so hard.
    6. In my house, we never had enough money.
    7. As a kid, I needed more real friends.
    8. I am sorry that I will never again see the way my family was before we lost everything.
    9. For years, I missed and wondered about why we lost our house, cars and money and had to be poor.
    10. I beat myself up about the loss of innocence.

    1. I have a loyal friend in my husband.
    2. One thing I like about my town is the community.
    3. I think I have a nice personality.
    4. Writing has shown me I can still spell correctly.
    5. I am taking a greater interest in caring for my health.
    6. I believe I am getting better at being conscience of my diet.
    7. I have started to pay more attention to what I eat.
    8. My self-care is a very hard thing for me to handle.
    9. I feel more tired than I ever have.

    ReplyDelete