Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some days ....

oh what a day. When all you can do is laugh you know it's been interesting. Some highlights: 

- Walking down the aisle in Target with Pandu over my shoulder 
- Figuring out how to cover a $500 sports league registration when no one has the budget to float the cost until its reimbursed
- Figuring out what curd is
- Figuring how big 200g is
- Finally making a chicken biryani mix but it wound up so hot that I couldn't eat it. We figured Jason and Pandu could though.
- Went to Del Taco to pick up dinner for me in the snow. Didn't bring my wallet. couldn't pay for it.
- Went back home and biryani was too hot for Pandu. Had to make ravioli for him. Made have 1/2 a can then warmed it up for 3 minutes and it was boiling hot. so we had to cool it for 10 minutes. At this point it's 7:30 and dinner is supposed to be at 6.
- Then it's too hot for Jason. But he's a grown up and can eat something later.
- Made me tortillas and eggs.
- Finally finished dinner at 8:15. Bed time is 8.

Right now I'm praying that this will not screw up his routine too bad and he'll be up until midnight. Then I'm hoping tomorrow is a little less.... em.... strange.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you aren't alone. Those days sound strangely similiar to mind. . . hmmm :) I am also sorry to hear about the translator, who ironically sounded like he cause more problems than good. Some people can be quite ignorant. I would also agree with you that most of the children that need to be adopted are much older or have significant needs. It is a shame more people aren't willing to adopt these kiddos too. Afterall, aren't they all created by God himself? I am not sure what stops people from adopting older kids- either other people's horror stories or it may just be easier to send in a montly support check to a feed the children type organization. I will check in tomorrow, but won't be mad if you haven't posted yet ;)

    ReplyDelete