Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Joey's in Heaven

Wow. Joey literally just died. I haven't had an animal died on me before. He has been sick so long and I told Jason last night that we need to take him to the vet. It's time to put him down. He weighed 7 lbs yesterday. Pandu and I came home from pre-school and Joey was meowing loudly. I petted him, pat him on the head and moved him to a stack of blankets so he would be warm and comfortable. He exhaled and then just passed away. Gone to heaven to be with Jr and Nadette. God I hate losing people. I know Joey was my cat but I'm an animal lover. My cats were and are like my children. Tears are gone and now I just am sad. Goodbye Joey aka Joseph Shea. Thank you for being such a sweet addition to our family. 

 

[caption id="attachment_373" align="aligncenter" width="499" caption="Joey was always a ham for the camera!"]Joey was always a ham for the camera![/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_374" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Two of my favorites - Pandu and Joey enjoying the outside about 2 weeks ago."]Two of my favorites - Pandu and Joey enjoying the outside about 2 weeks ago.[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. He waited for you to come home so he could say goodbye! Losing a pet is just as difficult as any other death. Take comfort in knowing you gave him a great life!

    http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys, so sorry! I'll certainly miss Joseph Shea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry- losing anyone or anything sucks. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete